Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Favorite Memory of Mine

This past weekend I attended the best concert I had ever been to. My best friend, Colee, and I saw Fleetwood Mac perform in the cities. The entire weekend was pretty memorable, but the main focus is the concert.

Fleetwood Mac has been my absolute favorite band since I was a little girl. Sure, other bands filtered their way throughout my "favorites" list, but never has one replaced the wonder that is Fleetwood Mac. I was never allowed to attend concerts before I turned 18; living in the cities had hardened my mom's farm-girl shell. Therefore, I hurriedly bought tickets for Colee and I. Obviously, she would drop any plans she had for that particular weekend.

I dusted off all my Fleetwood Mac CDs I had collected over the years and loaded them into my car stereo. I proceeded to listen to them on replay for the next few months, causing my excitement to grow even further.

We linked arms as soon as we stepped foot in the venue because I was not about to lose my best friend in the sea of fans. As we hiked our way to the designated seats, it became apparent how cheap our tickets were. I guess the college lifestyle doesn't leave room for expensive concert tickets. We were upset to discover we would be sitting for the concert, but that didn't matter much to us. I don't think anyone else danced harder in their seats than Colee and I did. I love every member of the band, current and past, but Stevie Nicks wins most of my love. I can't even begin to express my love for her. My mom always teases me about it, but it doesn't bother me one bit. Colee loves her just as much, which is probably part of the reason we love each other so much :)

The best concert I have ever been to was put on by people over the age of 60. That is incredible! They've gone through everything over the course of 35 years, and aren't showing any signs of stopping. I promise I'm a normal person... outside my everlasting obsession for Fleetwood Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment