Friday, May 10, 2013

My cat Ziggler

I know people say their pets have distinct personalities, but my chihuahua Ziggler takes it to a whole different level. He doesn't think he is the man of the house, nor does he act like a little kid trying to stay out of trouble. Instead he apparently thinks he isn't a dog at all, but the complete opposite - a cat. How could a dog do something so low as to act like his species' natural enemy? Maybe he doesn't know he is not acting normal, and needs to be informed that dogs do not normally arch their back gradually as they are being pet. Maybe Ziggy doesn't know that it's cats, not dogs, who climb on the back of chairs and couches to sleep on.

While he does do some things like a normal puppy, such as licking everyone's faces and barking at the most random noises, even his bark doesn't sound much like a dog. Now yes I know he's just a little guy, but my Ziggler brings a whole new meaning to the term "yippy dog." Not only is his bark far from fierce, he doesn't even use it very often! Instead he usually just uses his "cuteness" to stare at me and quietly wimper; almost as though he is trying to talk to me. Honestly, I am just waiting for him to start purring....

This has made me ask myself the question "so am I really a dog lover?" I mean, I love Ziggler, but he is so close to a cat that maybe I have been owning the wrong pets for years. What if a lazy, boring, lay around all day cat is what I need. Or maybe I just have a unique love for Ziggy, and I enjoy how weird he is. I enjoy knowing that when I come home he will whine like a baby and wag his whole body, not just his tail, in excitement... until I call him a kitty.

1 comment:

  1. Well you almost made it to fourteen posts. I enjoyed your list of likes and dislines as well!

    ReplyDelete