Friday, May 3, 2013

Finding Random Poems on My Computer

I found the following poem in a random folder on my laptop. I wrote it in tenth grade for my English class. At least I have proof that I've been a "nerd" for quite some time, now.


Best Addition to Nintendo

Mario and his companion,
Yoshi, the green dinosaur.
Not a dog or a stallion
the duo that knows how to score.

Mario can magically grow
Mario magnificently masters missions
and with Yoshi, he is never slow.
Clearly, Nintendo’s best addition.

Adorned in blue overalls and a red saddle.
Jumping holes, grabbing coins, winning lives
killing those mushrooms in every battle.
And if you’re lucky, you’ll both survive.

Mario, your first appearance was in Donkey Kong.
Yoshi, yours was ten years later in Super Mario World,
and if I could, I would make this poem into a song.



No comments:

Post a Comment